Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Break


A couple of weeks ago we went to the Duke Gardens. Searching around for plants we would like to one day plant in our future home. I really loved these crabapple trees. Apples the size of cherries are adorable. In the spring they get a beautiful bloom.
This small house is next to the Duke Gardens and I want to live there. I love the light blue tin roof. There's one like this in Mebane I've been eyeing. Could you imagine how sweet it would be to live next to the gardens? Why would you need to eat inside?
This bumblebee was completely docile. It sat very sweetly for lots of up close shots.
These are Chinese Ornamental peppers that really looked stunning. I could believe the colors. I've never seen a purple pepper.
I loved the way the color fades from white to green on this plant. I don't know what it's called, but I really love it!
I'm on my two week break for fall. I'm spending today being a couch potato because I can...but I do have plans:
1. Picking apples in the mountains with Kerri
2. Making apple butter
3. Finish my quilt
5. Start a new sewing project...I just can't decide what.
And then again...I wish I could make this dress!

No comments: