Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Nest


Kerri introduced me to this amazing store that is loaded with adorable vintage, or made to look vintage, things. What I loved the most about The Nest is how affordable it was. It's truly unique and whimsical. I found a ton of stuff I could have bought...but settled on a few things. Best of all, lots of good ideas for things to make. A leaf soap dish with a bird for pottery, clean white napkins to embroider flowers on, painting limbs white and hanging them or propping them up, or pages from old books glued around candles tied with straw. I got to remember these things, which is why I post them online.
Matt bought me the book I've been wanting. Very thoughtful. I can't wait to do a farm animal quilt. Speaking of farm animals, I'm currently reading the following books: Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens, Storey's Guide to Raising Dairy Goats, and Barnyard in your Backyard. New passion I think. Matt and I might be in for a career change, he himself thinks it could be inevitable. For now, we're just studying up and daydreaming.

No comments: