Monday, September 13, 2010

Umm...



I'm not sure what I'm going to do when the frost takes gardening from us. Few things give me so much joy. It will only be a small window of time, December through April. This past week we finished our fall garden. Complete with broccoli, beets, cabbage, spinach, arugula, mixed lettuce, and cilantro. I doubt the cauliflower and brussel sprouts will make it.
Has anyone noticed the exceptional color of the sky lately? I can't take my eyes off of the blue against bright green foliage. On Sunday Matt and I walked in the Duke Gardens. We're getting ideas for plants we would like to put in our garden. Hopefully by next May we'll have a place with a little land. It was a gorgeous day and we had a great time investigating different greenery.
P.S. Dad wants pigs! I've already checked a book out from the library and know exactly what to look for in a feeder pig. I've picked out names: Sweet Betsey and Arnold.

No comments: