Monday, August 23, 2010

A year's worth of "to-do's", involving food of course!



It's not January, but I'm feeling the need to create a list of important things I would like to complete within this year. Since I'm a teacher August feels like New Year's, and a time to create resolutions, or at least goals. We teachers really like the word goal. You get a new class, another chance to do things differently, and new things to learn and adjust to. With this said...here are a couple of things I want to do this year...I think.

1. Finish my old quilt Check
2. Start a new quilt with a more difficult pattern, like so:Check

3. Attempt homemade brioche

4. Grow broccoli, cabbage, carrots, beets, cauliflower, and a variety of mixed greens Check
5. Don't let any of the above go to waste Sort-of Check (we froze broccoli)
6. Make homemade pasta (besides gnocchi, we've already mastered that)
7. Make apple butter with apples that we've picked Check
8. Sew a shirt with ruffles! (this one scares me the most)
9. Read all the Little House books...that should be easy! Check

10. Make a tiramisu with homemade zabaglione and lady fingers
11. Bake pitas
12. Make honey wheat bread a muscadine jam to eat with it!
13. Sew oven mitts and hot pads with insulated batting
14. Find a cute house to rent in May, with a small plot of land that has good soil and gets lots of sun
15. Make homemade chicken stock and freeze
16. Go to The Piedmont, a restaurant in Durham
17. Make dinners more during the week night
...I can't think of anymore!


No comments: